Sunday, February 21, 2010

An Update On The Facebook Hijacking

Several people have asked about the Facebook situation, and I am sorry to report that there is no progress on that front. The staff at Facebook have been absolutely unhelpful in terms of getting my account back. It has been two weeks since I first reported the account being stolen, and I've followed up twice with no results.

I know that several friends also reported the account as hijacked, and I want to express my gratitude to each one of you who did that. I feel supported, even if the Facebook security team isn't taking action there either.

I may see about other options with Facebook this week, but I'm quite turned off by their lack of response to the security breach. I'm also quite mystified that they can be promoting themselves as a business platform if this is the kind of response time they offer for security issues!

1 comment:

  1. I say a good smacking is in order! I say get them verbally by the neck and then smack the phone repeatedly with the other hand!

    ReplyDelete