Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Stepping Out In San Francisco

Even though I often agree with Mark Twain's mis-attributed assertion that "The coldest winter I ever spent was that summer in San Francisco," there is no doubt that I enjoy being in the city. For starters, almost everywhere you look there's the water and one of the city's fabulous bridge.

The Distant Bridge Here Is The Bay Bridge

San Francisco

There's also the generally fun vibe of the town, and the fact that almost everywhere you go in the downtown area there is something to see, someone to stare at (yes, I'm talking about you, crazy man arguing with a trash can), and a delicious restaurant.

My personal favorite is Burma Superstar, which is absolutely the best (Burmese) food in the world. We went there yesterday and had several delicious goodies, and I swear I am going to hunt down the recipe for the cardamon chicken and rice casserole. MMMmmmm.

Tonight was quieter. It's been raining, bringing in fog and making the city stay indoors. Thus, instead of going outside properly, I was introduced to the hot tub at my friend's building. Right, hot tubbing in San Francisco, looking up at the stars and out at the Bay Bridge. . . it's almost enough to make me move here.

Almost.

Nebraska bound in the morning, however. . . .wonder what I will find there for amusement without the bridges and the ocean?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. It was terrific to see you and have you in our fine city (and hot tub). While of course I would love it if you moved here, I am realistic, and can only say that you should continue to pass through when time permits. And, of course, we should pursue those world-renowned steaks...

    ReplyDelete